Our Community Support Centre is the home of our community services team, and also the location of our Centre Based Day Programs.
Our Centre Based Programs provides opportunities for isolated elderly to engage in socialisation through group activities and also provides respite services for carers.
Our Centre Based Programs Officers plans a number of activities, where people are welcomed to meet in a warm and friendly environment while they engage in social interaction. The Programs are aimed at supporting elderly to maintain their independence and connection with the community. The service is delivered in a manner that sensitively acknowledges individual needs and interests
- Programs that encourage participation in activities that cater for individual interests and abilities within a person centred care model;
- Activities that acknowledge culturally specific customs, traditions and religious celebrations;
- Opportunities that address the social needs of individuals who are socially isolated;
- Support for individuals with dementia’
- Educational programs providing specialist input.
To see out latest schedule of events, please click on the attached link.
Transport to and from the centre can be provided as required. A fee may be attached to the service to cover meals and other program expenses.
An additional cost may be charged where a special outings-based activity is arranged.