Volunteers are an important part of NCCCA and make an invaluable contribution to the services we offer. Our volunteers generously give their time and expertise to really make a difference to the people we support.
Volunteering opportunities can be short-term or ongoing across:
- Residential care
- Community services, including Meals on Wheels; and
You can volunteer in a diverse range of roles, which may include:
- Spending time with residents within our Residential Aged Care Facilities including taking them for walks/wheelchairs in the sun or providing companionship in consumers homes.
- Providing transport including driving vehicle/bus, escort/assistance for bus outings.
- Delivering Meals on Wheels
- Running or participating in specific programs, including pets as therapy programs (outside paid services), nail care and hand massage.
- Operating services such as kiosks or cafes.
- Assisting with technology
- Gardening and outdoor maintenance.
- Making arts and crafts.
- Running cooking demonstrations.
- Fundraising endeavours.
- Answering telephones and taking messages.
All volunteers will be given an induction and ongoing support. Screening, including a police check, together with influenza and Covid-19 vaccinations, must be undertaken prior to commencement.
If you can only spare a couple of hours a week or you’re able to offer frequent, daily support, if you’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of others then we’d love to hear from you.
To register your interest in volunteering with us, please complete our Volunteer Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or return to one of our locations and we will be in touch with you shortly. We would love to have you join us and help make a positive difference to the lives of others.